Railway Approvals Germany GmbH (RAG) will operate in future:
1. As a Notified Body for assessing European requirements (TSI) of the subsystems
- Rolling stock: TSI LOC&PAS, TSI WAG, TSI NOI, TSI PRM & TSI SRT
- Infrastructure: TSI INF, TSI PRM & TSI SRT
- Energy: TSI ENE
- Train control, train protection and signalling: TSI ZZS
2. As a Designated Body
- for assessing the national requirements (NNTR), e.g. for Germany
3. Providing services as an Assessment Body
- Assessment of significant changes in accordance with CSM-RA (offered through the partner DB Systemtechnik with its accredited Inspection Body)
4. Providing other services, such as:
- Training on legal framework and approval processes
5. With approvals and certificates
- RAG is in the position to dispose of experts who keep a recognition as an EBA expert or rather a recognition as an expert for not federally owned railways as well as competent person according to BOStrab (light rail sector).
- Furthermore, the management system of Railway Approvals Germany is certified according to ISO 9001:2015 for the product and service area "Provision of certification and inspection services for subsystems and components of the rail sector".
- By fulfilling these roles, RAG undertakes to comply with all requirements in DIN EN ISO/IEC 17065 as well as the "Requirements for conformity assessment bodies seeking notification" of the European Union Agency for Railways (ERA Assessment scheme) and to implement these requirements in their operations.